nbde 2- HOW TO ENROLL FOR THE EXAM
Congrats on clearing part 1! Here is the American Dental Association’s (ADA) guide for NBDE part 2 -https://www.ada.org/~/media/JCNDE/pdfs/2019_NBDE_PartII_Guide.pdf?la=en
To be eligible for NBDE 2, the JCNDE (Joint Committee of National Dental Examinations –a part of the American Dental Association) requires following steps -
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN INTERNSHIP/ PURSUING DENTISTRY IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY
1) Certificate of eligibility for NBDE 2 – Fill the form, get your dean’s signature and send it via mail/post to JCNDE. You can download the certificate of eligibility here -
https://www.ada.org/~/media/JCNDE/pdfs/nbde02_certification_eligibility.pdf?la=en. The address to where the document must be shipped will be given in the above link. JCNDE will email you once they receive your document.
2) Login with your dentpin on the ADA website.
3) Apply for NBDE part 2 and pay the fees. You can apply here
4) You will get a confirmation email in 24 hours after payment and you can schedule your exam on prometric (instructions will be given on the email)! All the best!
IF YOU ARE ALREADY A GRADUATE
1) Login with your dentpin on the ADA wesite.
2) Apply for NBDE part 2 and pay the fees. You can apply here -
3) You will get a confirmation email in 24 hours and you can schedule your exam on prometric (instructions will be given on the email)! All the best!
Notes regarding documents for ECE
You can get submit the documents in the following formats to ECE
1. Copies of the originals that are attested by the registrar/head of your university.
You have to get the originals photo-copied and request the registrar office to seal each of those documents
in separate attested envelopes. Then send all these envelopes in one big envelope (no need for attestation)
to ECE by post along with a cover letter stating your reference number. ECE DOES NOT RETURN ANY OF THE ATTESTED COPIES ONCE YOU SEND THEM.
2. Send the originals in one big envelope. They return them back to your address after they finish your report. Do NOT put your originals in individually sealed envelopes. ECE does not return documents that are sent in sealed envelopes. Mention in your cover letter that you would want your original documents back.
Electronic copy via truecopy. More details here https://www.ece.org/ECE/Individuals/Documentation-Requirements
study materials- recommendations
Main study material -
1) Dental Decks part 2/ Kaplan NBDE part 2/ Dentin NBDE 2/ Mosby's review for NBDE 2 / Dental Boards Mastery app - You can use just one of these books or review multiple books. We recommend just using one of these books as your main source as using multiple may just confuse your basic concepts of different topics.
2) Tufts for Pharmacology.
3) Mosby's review for NBDE 2 - patient management section.
4) Kaplan cases.
Supplemental material - We recommend doing as much of these files as you can.
1) Master day 1&2 file
2) Mango file/ Golden file
3) El Maestro file, Kiwi, Satyam Joshi file
Facebook Groups with important study discussions regarding above materials -
1) Mental Dental videos
2) Pass the dental boards